Sunday, January 22, 2012

My New Least Favorite People are the Ones on Flickr

Life motto. This is how I feel almost all of the time.


Today on the phone my dad pointed out that I am the world's worst blogger because I never post. Thanks dad. 

I spent most of the work week contacting Flickr users trying to get permission to use their images for an in-house project I'm working on. What I learned is that Flickr users are the worst. Ok not all of them but a lot of them. One guy wanted to trade on photo he took of a park for me designing him an entire map. He actually used the word barter. Because we are pilgrims. Other than that painful process, work has been really good. I like everyone I work with and, although it been really busy, I like having something to do and feeling like I'm actually contributing.

Outside of work I've been enjoying the city. Monday I was off work for MLK day. I went to see Young Adult with Erin. I thought it was really good. Erin thought it was terribly depressing. Afterward went to Rosa Mexicano, a fancy Mexican restaurant that is participating in Restaurant Week (basically fancy restaurants have set menus for a set price so that poor people like us can afford to go). They had the world's greatest guacamole that they mix up right in front of you. Its nice to get to try good restaurants without (completely) breaking the bank. Tuesday, Ansell took us to see Lady Bunny, a hilarious drag queen which was really fun! She spent a lot of time mocking Katy Perry songs which I appreciated. I tried Kati Roll which is an Indian restaurant that basically just wraps up Indian dishes in flat bread. Like a burrito plus Indian food. Its as awesome as it sounds. 

Other things happen during the week but everything has been so hectic that I can't really remember what happened (no mom, I'm not on drugs, just tired). Friday, I went to Fig + Olive,  another restaurant week place, with my roommates. The meal was good but the best part was definitely dessert, which was a chocolate mousse type thing. After dinner we went back to Horse Box for a couple beers. The bartender forgot to charge me for my second beer so that's always a bonus!

Saturday I had lunch with Ansell, Matt, and Erin at Momofuku, which is delicious and has the added bonus of being about three blocks away. Afterward, I walked up 1st Ave to get some pictures for work since everyone on Flickr is awful. It was actually really nice to go for a walk in the newly fallen but already slushy snow. I got to use my new snow boots and felt like a real person who is prepared for weather issues. Erin stopped by with some friends in the evening. I was planning on going out with them but I was feeling tired, lazy (see above image), and like I might be coming down with a cold so I stayed home. 

That's sort of the update of my life. Exciting, I know. I promise to actually post this week. I want to do some inspiration type posts but I'm not that real yet. Be patient. It's a slow process.

No comments:

Post a Comment