Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Job: Defending National Security and Becoming a Professional Spammer

This is how I always feel! Prosper, our office manager, makes the best
coffee in the world. I can't stop drinking it. It's getting to be a problem.

The last couple of days has been pretty busy so here's the short version:

Tuesday morning we took a field trip to Lincoln Center to check out some great environmental graphic design for inspiration. It was really well done. I didn't take pictures so you are just going to have to take my word for it. Actually I'll probably just go back and take pictures. It was nice to get out of the office and and see something new. So nice that I didn't really mind when I was sent back up there to retrieve a packet of super secret confidential stuff that we accidentally left there. It was a very important security matter. Basically I just saved America. You're welcome.

Today I spent the majority of the day finding images on Flickr and messaging the photographers to see if they would give us permission to use them. I FlickrMessaged so many people with almost the same exact message that Flickr called me a dirty spammer and shut down my messaging capabilities. I was just trying to do my job Flickr! 

Other than work, I have mostly just been eating a lot. Yesterday I got a falafel pita from Maoz Vegetarian where they let you stick everything from the salad bar in your pita for free! Today I went out for sushi with some of my co-workers for lunch. It was delicious and great getting to know people. For dinner we had Dumpling Man (check out the site, the dumpling man is adorable). It was good, cheap, and close so I will definitely be returning. We also got pastries from an Italian bakery which was so good that I inhaled my mini eclair and mini chocolate pastry in four seconds. I like design but I think eating is probably my true life vocation. I wish there was a job that was only eating. Like when monarchs used to have tasters who tried everything before they ate it but without the potential death by poisoning. Maybe I'll be a judge on Top Chef. I'm sure they would just let me do that without any training whatsoever. 

That's all for now. Come visit me and we can eat awesome food together! It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment